Monitor or Video card problem. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdude98

Hello, my monitor has started randomly turning black for about 3 seconds then going back to normal. It does this every few minutes and is VERY annoying. I've tried changing my monitor and it's still doing it. My Video card is a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440-SE, I tried downloading the latest drivers but it didn't do anything and it's still doing it.

Not sure what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :grinthumb

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Please read this THREAD
It will help us to help you.
A shot in the dark, try updating the chipset on your motherboard.
G'Luck
post back

Updated my Profile with Most of the info needed.

I also know NOTHING about what's inside the computer so I wouldn't know what to put where if It was something inside, plus I wouldn't know where to get it if I needed something. So non-Technical = Best. Or atleast something I'd be able to understand if you explain it :p

Thanks again.

darkdude98 said:
Updated my Profile with Most of the info needed.
Awesome!
I also know NOTHING about what's inside the computer so I wouldn't know what to put where if It was something inside, plus I wouldn't know where to get it if I needed something. So non-Technical = Best. Or atleast something I'd be able to understand if you explain it
Thats why most of us are here. We start out new and learn, then end up
sharing out what we learn. At the moment lets start outside the box.
We can try the updates first.
Try this LINK
it should have all the drivers and such for your MoBo.
Check closely for any updates you haven't done yet.

This is a good LINK
for your video card.

G'Luck

I think It's seemed to fix itself O_O

It hasn't been off once and I've been on for about 15 minutes.

I'll download the updates anyway :p

Thanks.

It's come back now with the exact same problem as before. Dled the drivers which were listed above and nothing changed.

Since this happened my speakers no longer get power from my computer, so I'm guessing the computer has almost had it, no idea why though, It's only 2 years old I think, and the one which is atleast double that is is still running fine.

darkdude98 said:
I also know NOTHING about what's inside the computer so I wouldn't know what to put where if It was something inside, plus I wouldn't know where to get it if I needed something. So non-Technical = Best. Or atleast something I'd be able to understand if you explain it.
this is not a problem here.

I assuming you didn't build this yourself?
Is this a gateway?

It sounds like the power supply may be going out.
I'm not aware of any utilities you can run that will
tell us what it is.

In most cases you can pull the side cover and see
the PSU and it's make & wattage. We can give you a step by
step on anything if you need.

Don't give up.
G'Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back