Monitor Problem

By N00b L0rD
Jul 20, 2005
  1. When i turn on my computer, it all starts up as normal, except the monitor doesn't show anything except a black screen. The green light on the monitor just flickers on and off. This problem has happened before and i managed to fix it by just restarting the computer and reinserting the cable numerous times. Its not actually a problem with the monitor because it works fine with another computer. Anyone got any ideas?

PZEROFGH TS Rookie Posts: 63

graphics card?
  3. N00b L0rD

N00b L0rD TS Rookie Topic Starter

ATI Radeon 9800 pro

PZEROFGH TS Rookie Posts: 63

is the fan on your 9800 pro spinning, it could because of overheating
  5. Scruss

Scruss TS Rookie

i had this same problem, and i checked everything and it ended up being my power supply. I changed all my hardware in and out and nothing made it work till i changed the power supply. So check it out, i almost bet thats it.
  6. Abraxas

Abraxas TS Rookie Posts: 157

It might help if you distribute the power a little different, plug something out and into a different strip.
  7. Scruss

Scruss TS Rookie

thats true as well. me being the all or nothing kind of guy i just got a new power supply and the monitor began working again.
  8. N00b L0rD

N00b L0rD TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well my computer started randomly working again but i'll remember your sugestions next time it happens.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.