monitor problem

By paul_skinbakk
Jan 8, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. can anyone help me solve my monitor problem? ive just bought an asrock k7s41 motherboard and installed my geforce4 mx440se agp graphics card which worked fine for just over a week, now my monitor an avidav 19 inch tft lcd says check signal input or something similar so i cant do anything at all. i tried another monitor samsung syncmaster 750s to no evale i even tried the boards own graphics port still the same problem can anyone help please im going mad even thought about getting out some petrol and a lighter if you know what i mean.
  2. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 989   +6

do you have onboard graphics?
    If yes, have you remove the MX440 quickly and use the onboard display?
    It should work abit somehow.
  3. tweakboy

tweakboy TechSpot Maniac Posts: 518

Prolly not the monitor ,, its a motherboard issue possibly not compatible ,,
  4. paul_skinbakk

paul_skinbakk Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks peeps, i tried the onboard graphics port but still had the same message it worked fine on the geforce card for about a week then gave me that stupid message
  5. paul_skinbakk

petrol and a lighter
  6. paul_skinbakk

could it be the lead from monitor to the graphics port?
  7. paul_skinbakk

ive used the samsung monitor with the graphics card for about two years and it worked fine
  8. paul_skinbakk

where`s the marsh mallows
  9. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

reinstall the card, see if you might've knocked it loose

can you see anything while booting up like POST/BIOS Info etc?

Please use the EDIT button next time, multiple posts without any replies in between are frowned upon..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.