Monitor problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalronin

I started my pc up this morning and noticed that my monitor has gray lines diagonally across its entire surface about 1-2 centimeters apart they are UTTERLLY annoying and i have no idea what they are ive tried changing all my monitors setings but they are still there .Ive heard this could be vid card prob but i would love some opinions thanks in advance.

oh and a side note it was very muggy out it had just rained that morning dont know if that will help.

Just as a possible quick fix, please turn down the brightness of the Monitor
Either in your Video settings, or from the Monitors buttons itself
Those lines on screen usually just mean the brightness is set too high
I hope it will be a quick fix :)

I'll just post some first step procedures

Try another Monitor to confirm its not actually the present one
Check the Monitor connection, including if any pins are bent
Check Safe Mode is doing the same thing or not
Remount, by removing and reseating the internal Video Card
Check for build up of dust internally, and use high pressure air to remove
Try the onboard Video with any Addon Video Card out

Try those ;)

Ok so i tried my girl friends 1024 768 lcd and it displayed perfectly (my monitor is 1680 1050)
Tried checking cables no damage or dirt
Tried safe mode same display issue Demonic gray lines diagonally across my entire screen
i checked dust lvls inside my pc and there is very little i regularly clean my components of dust with air im a bit leary about reseating my card so ill wait.
also just for the heck of it i tried to see if a screen cap would have the lines show up and it does not i screen capped then sent the pic to my girlfriends pc and it showed no defects in the picture.

please tell me i dont need a new monitor lol i cant afford to replace one this size! i cant go back to 15inch once ive been at 22inch!!!!!!

lol :D Well 22" is pretty good ;)

Please try the recommended best viewing size for your Monitor
Just in case you don't know what that is, try 1024 768 at 60Hz

It's becoming a concern :suspiciou
I think gguerra's post is starting to look better on every post

By the way, did you use the exact same connector on your Video card to the LCD and also your CRT?
Because there is still a slim possibility it could be Video card (very slim though !)

i used a different cable my girlfriends lcd has a built in cable. lol this is depressing this monitor is only 6 months old lol

Actually I didn't ask about the cable, but that's a good idea too :grinthumb
I asked did you plug it into the same Video port (some addon Video cards have two)

But now you have mentioned it, can your Video cable detach from your monitor?
If so, then it may be just the cable.
It's not solved yet ;)

oh and a side note it was very muggy out it had just rained that morning dont know if that will help.
Hmm, with all the above info :rolleyes:
I'll say cable fault first (please replace)
If it doesn't help then Monitor

I can't think of any other option

well i thank you very very much for the assistance ill see if i can scrounge up another cable to see if thats the prob if not then i guess ill be saving up for a new monitor either way i will post back here to let ya know what happened...again thank you

well i found another cable and i tried it and it still has the dreaded lines ...thanks for the help i hope newegg has a super monitor blowout sometime soon lol

The link I posted above is for compusa (which is tigerdirect).. It was for an acer at $149 plus $1.99 shipping. Newegg is very good but tigerdirect is also good.. Sometimes they beat newegg and they are offering the $2 shipping. You can't beat that. I recently bought 4 22" monitors and they were the I-Inc brand at $139 if you can beleive that and they are actually good quality monitors and holding out well. Time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back