TechSpot

Monitor Question

By flamethrower_13
Jan 3, 2007
  1. Hello everyone,

I currently own a 15 inch flat panel monitor that I bought a few years back when they first came out. I am now looking to get a new monitor. I have been looking at monitors on Dell because of the request of my mother who will be paying for it. I am currently looking at the Ultrasharp 2007 FP and the Ultrasharp 2007 WFP.

-So, Is the 2007 WFP posted at Dell really an ultrasharp?

I am concerned because this one (Dell Ultrasharp 2007 WFP) costs $359 at this web address....
    (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4688)
    while the 2007 FP which is not a widescreen costs $382(http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4687)

So my question to you is....which monitor is better, which one should I get, or any other suggestions.

2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

I'd choose the widescreen one. They're great for watching movies, but IDK if they're good for games, because the game must support the 1680x1050 resolution.

But maybe I'm wrong, because I use a normal 17" LCD :)

3. flamethrower_13

flamethrower_13 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

thanks wolfram for the reply...any more suggestions?

4. flamethrower_13

If you had to choose would you rather have the Syntax Olevia LT23HVX - LCD TV - 23" or the Dell Ultrasharp 2007 WFP as your computer monitor?

5. wolfram

Do you have some links???

6. flamethrower_13

7. wolfram

Both look very good, but I'd choose the Olevia TV, especially if you have an Xbox 360 and want to play in high definition.
    And as a computer monitor it should work great. 1600:1 contrast ratio and 8ms response time.

Very good :)

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +394

The TV has a much lower resolution than the monitor. Only 768 tall is going to hurt (although maybe not too much if you are using a 15" now, because thats probably 1024x768 at best).

9. wolfram

It should look good.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.