TechSpot

Monitor question

By James27uk
Oct 2, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I currently have the old style vga (deep) 19" monitor running on a 7900gs dual dvi graphics card with the little adapter piece on it. I am looking to go for one of the new flat screen lcd monitors but am unsure whether to go with a standard or dvi one. I usually use the comp for gaming and movies etc rather than office type work, I have found this monitor http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129910 could you please give me your opinions of what I should do. Thanks.
  2. k.jacko

k.jacko TS Rookie Posts: 743

yeah, seems decent enough matey. If you have dvi on your card, which you do (i have a 7900gs too), and you have dvi on your monitor, which that does, then use dvi cables. CRT's work better with VGA, LCD with DVI.

Decent choice monitor too. :)
  3. James27uk

James27uk TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

Got the new monitor through today and looks amazing much improved over the old crt. I'm not too impressed though over the fact you buy a dvi monitor but it only comes with a vga lead seems a bit stupid to me but hey ho.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.