Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzlylamb

Hello,

I am trying to troubleshoot a monitor (Westinghouse LCM-22w2) for my sister in law and having some trouble doing so. She tells me the monitor works sometimes, but sometimes she gets a No Signal Message on the computer. She hooked up her old monitor and no problems with signals. So that rules out the source being the problem.

So I take the monitor home to see what I can do, I use my X-Box 360 with the VGA peripheral to troubleshoot as I know the signal is good. I turn on the monitor and it works fine. I use the monitor for some Halo online play, it works fine. So I shut it off and go to bed. I wake up to see if it works and does not. I check all the connections, they are good to go. I have audio as well, so the xbox is working. What could cause the monitor to work at times and not at other times?

hmm

Check the pins on the cord and make sure there aren't any bent pins. It may have weak capacitors inside also. Hell, it may even have a bad cable (broken wire inside).

my 2 cents

Don't know if this could apply......

I get a weird boot from my Westinghouse (same model) once in a while. The OS either loads with no signal or the graphics driver (Intel onboard) loads with the wrong resolution, while not offering the correct one in properties.
When this happens, I have to cycle the power completely off. First I turn off the monitor, then turn off the PSU and kill the surge suppressor, and depress the computer power switch till it bleeds out.
Next boot we're good to go. Don't know if this would help you, don't know if we're talking about the same problem. But, I do know that this is my only monitor that seems to have this "idiosyncrasy". (I have 2 other Westinghouses as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back