Monitor refuses to display, HD or cpu problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs: AMD Semptron chip, 30gb hd, pcchips atx mobo, PCI vid. card, Nvidia Geforce fx 5200 vid. card

I am trying to finish building my computer, but I cant seem to get my monitor to recognize my video card. I thought it was a problem with the cpu, so I bought another one (Semptron). I have a new motherboard, which will not connect to my crt monitor cable, so I have to use the video cards. I have reset the jumpers, cleared the cmos, taken out the battery, changed video cards, but still nothing. Is this a problem with the hd or what? All the cables are properly connected, including the monitor, but nothing will show up on the monitor, so I cant get into the BIOS to configure anything. Can anyone help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

did you install it yourself? If you did, maybe you didn't ground yourself

Any beeps?

try using an eraser from the end of a pencil and gently rub the eraser on the video card ( don't know techincal term, but the part that goes into the MOBO)

I did install it myself. I don't know what you mean by "ground yourself". The computer turns on with beeps and everything, I just can't see anything on the monitor. I will try the eraser thing though.
I should also mention that, when the computer worked, the BIOS setting for the monitor was changed from default PCI display to AGP, but the monitor won't recognize the NVidia AGP slot video card; this was with the old cpu. Does it matter or do I need a new hd?

I'm thinking maybe you staticly shocked some parts, but do you have your old PCI card? if so try switching them out. Also you say it beeps and all, but what beeps are coming out.I.E. is it one long continueous(SP?) beep or is it short repeating beeps?

I did actually-static electricity had shocked my keyboard. I guess I had the voltage on too high, because I had gotten it to work, but I plugged in the keyboard and the whole system shut off. I've now lowered the voltage, but more problems. I can see the POST, and I set the BIOS and everything back to normal, but the OS will not load up. After it boots the memory test and whatnot, the windows logo flashes for a split second, then restarts. I dont think the motherboard is recognizing my new cpu, it might be a problem with the thermal gel; Im ordering more of it to test it out. What do you think?
Thanks

When you switchout your CPU you need to reinstall windows....put in your windows xp and reboot your computer...it should work let me know if it dosn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back