Monitor Resolution problem on XP home edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandugoski

Monitor Problem on XP Home Edition - Please help me

I recently reinstalled the OS and its working ok, but the resolution is 640 by 480 pixels, Monitor Type - Defalut Monitor,
I want to upgrade the display properties to 1024 by 768.

How do i do that ?

I went to dell download and downloaded E773c drivers then
there it tells me to go to Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced - Monitor and clink on Properties...

but Properties is Disabled there in my PC, I can't click on properties... how do I make enabled .....!!!

Is there a way to change display properties...

please let me know how do I enable the properties TAB or how to change the resolutions ...

Please please help me...

If you have multiple user accounts set up on your machine, be sure you're logging in as one that is administrator or has administrator privledges.

Also, depending on your video card drivers, the video card software may have set up your machine to use its software to control the resolution- check through the options in that software if it exists.

Also, be sure you're not booting in safe mode- safe mode will protect certain system settings and not let you change them.

Also, changing the resolution is usually done within the display->settings tab. The refresh rate, however, is set as you specify.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back