Monitor says no signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this board so please bear w/me. My main problem is once my computer boots up it may run for 2 min. or 4 hrs. depending on the application I am running at the time. I'm running windows 98 first edition

I have a GeForce 4mx4000 128mb ddr 8x AGP video card w/tv out
a Shuttle av49pn socket478 atx mb. w/ via pt800 + vt8237 chipset
1024 mb ddr ram pc7200 184 pin dimm mem.
intel p4 2.53ghz cpu
hitachi 82.3 gbudma/100 7200rpm 2m ide hdd
philips psc705 seismic edge 5.1ch pci sound card
17in lcd monitor

also some problems I am having is now the computer wont recognize the mouse, also even in the bios the computer says that my cpu is a 1.9ghz, also since my last start up now windows wond recognize my A: drive.
many problems I have run out of things to try someone please help!!!

tried to download new drivers for win. 98 and all hard ware thats when I started having problems with the video before that everything worked perfectly. now video goes out at different intervals sometimes after boot up, sometimes after a few minutes or maybe even hours. this computer is custom built by me and I have wanted to upgrade to win. xp just haven't done so because of problems w/ video.

Open it up and make sure the cables and cards haven't worked loose. Then try another driver, guru3d has just about every released and unreleased video driver for nVidia cards.
Also see what happens if you run on just 1 stick of RAM, Windows98 I believe has issues with more than 512.
If you have a copy of XP, you can install that without messing up your 98, and get a dual boot setup going. You are going to need a program like Partition Magic though to take some of that unused HD space and make it unallocated (XP setup will prompt you to create a partition in unallocated space and format).

SNGX1275 thanks for the info, the ram is just 1 stick however I will try to download a different driver if my monitor will stay on that long and I want to get the xp full install, waiting for payday. any other suggestions, questions or comments anybody..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back