Monitor will not connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off let me state that i dont know a thing about computers. all i know is my computer died a couple days ago and someone said i needed a new power supply. so i went out and bought one and put it in and im almost 100 percent positive i put it in right. the computer turns on and sounds like its running right everything works on it, i.e. disk drive. but when i plug the monitor in it says it cannot find a connection and then my monitor goes to sleep. i tried plugging it into the integrated slot and the Video card slot. everything in the computer is default factory made and whatnot except the new power supply and the video card i put in. i put in an Geforce 8800 GT card and the power supply is 430 watts. i thought it was the monitor or the cable but i tried hooking it up to my laptop and both of them work fine. soooo i do not know what is wrong. i also do not know the specs of that computer because i have not been on it in a while and i do not know them by heart....but everything is default except the card and power supply it is a compaq presario SR2030NX Desktop. i know its vague but any help would be appreciated

The motherboard might have burned out...

"first off let me state that i dont know a thing about computers"...

Because of this statement, you better take your computer in to a repair shop. If you successfully changed a power supply, you are not that clueless :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back