1024 MB of RAM
Hatichi 80 Gig Hard drive
Western Digital 20 Gig hard drive
Standard 3.5 Floppy Drive
Standard CD Burner drive
Sound Blaster Live 16 Bit sound card
Ethernet Card
56K Modem

Ok, yesterday I installed my new 80 Gig hard drive and go it all working fine. After formatting the old drive and putting Windows ME on and upgrading to XP it worked fine. The I noticed my CPU fan was clogged with dust. So me and my friend unscrewed the CPU fan took it off and blew air into the base unit, knocking the dust free. The we stood it right side up and vacumed the dust out of the case with a house hold vacum. Then we started it back up after putting everything back. The computer itself is running cause I have to hold the button in to shut it off. The moniter turns on when I start the computer but is not recieving data for some odd reason. It knows its there but will not repsond to the computer. It just says Your Mointor is performing a self test. It is working properly.

Some one Please help me??? :chef:

jeez, after you pm me, i found same problem you sent me...:)

you mean you clean your computer while it is running? i think you fried it.

Thanks for the help

Well guys it turned out to be nothing more then when i took the CPU fan off it knocked the processor loose. So my dads buddy at work told me to take it off and reseat the processor and it worked. SO thanks for the ideas guys. :knock: :hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back