Monitor wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernerd17

i uplugged vidoe card and plugged it back in and now my moniter wont turn on it goes green when comp starts up then it stays orange and the screen s black

Aye, and make sure its not in the joystick port like i did.... hehehe... Gave me all sorts of weird decodings...

i have figured out its not the graphic card i bought the computer used and on the board graphic card didnt work so the person put a graphic card but its the brown salot that doesnt work anymore beacause the card works in my other computer so do i need to buy a new motherboard im really comfused

Your monitor should not get shot that easily. Make shure its nicely fitted and your video card didnt pop out of the slot. check everything then try it again. I doubt your monitor is shot..,,, gl,

i called the person i bought it from he said the ram i puit in prob shorted motherboard so pretty much im screwed let me know if you have any other info

You are a computer nerd aren't you... There is a silver "button" battery on the motherboard. Remove this battery and unplug the computer from the wall outlet. Wait a few minutes and put the battery back in and turn on the computer. If you can't do this yourself, get a friend that knows computers to do it for you...

If you still have no video, it is time to take it to a repair shop

What's this thread doing here?

Moderators combine threads please??
I'm better off not replying to anymore from from computernerd17, until all threads are joined (seeming they're the same!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back