Monitor won't turn on!

Hi,
I have recently installed a new Heat sin fan. I turned the pc on and the monitor turned on everything ok, I then went on to put my case back on while the computer was still running. Then there were sparks and the computer turned off. Now my monitor wont turn on, But the computer does, I have onboard graphics and the RAM worked before I installed the Heat sink fan, The monitor also works with other PCs.
Please help! I do not know what to do!

Do you hear any beeps when you turn on the machine (assuming you have an internal speaker attached to the motherboard)?

I suggest you take out all components and reassemble the system and check. If it still doesn't work just put in the motherboard, 1 stick of RAM and CPU to see if the machine POSTs. If the system still fails to boot you might have a damaged motherboard or CPU.

Nope All I hear are the same beeps it does when it turns on. And I dont want to take everything off as I am running out of thermal paste. :/

If you hear the same single beep it means that your system is successfully getting past POST. Can you get hold of a video card from anywhere to just test whether your monitor display is restored? Then it'll be safe to assume that the onboard VGA has been damaged.

Yes, My friend gave me a Graphics card, Still same problem. I have also made a video of the problem if that helps? I will upload to youtube now.

Problem; The video has no sound :(
The computer when I turn it on it goes: Beep Beep. Then another Beep Beep.

The video does have sound. Link: http: /watch?v=uQj_kHop--g
Write Youtube.com before the link
Sorry for double posting im new to forums

Back