Monitor won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joawro

Old computer broke down. Rebuilt my dad's old one. Everything turns on except for monitor. The Floppy disk stays on the whole time. CD-ROMS are responsive. hard drive light turns on, everything thing is working except when the monitor does not turn on.

Its impossible for us to help without even knowing what the pc is and what hardware is in it.

Yes it is impossible also i it the mointer that could of blown out did you try another mointer or is it the mointe works but there is no signal becuase it could be the intergrated graphics or video card causing the problems

Based upon the scant information provided, the difficulty as stated (i.e. the monitor literally fails to power-up) will lie within the circuitry of the monitor itself -- My first suspicion would be 'shorted' filter caps (Applicable to CRT or LCD displays) or a collector-to-emitter/drain-to-source short in the horizontal deflection transistor (discrete or integrated) (Applicable to CRT displays only) -- In either event the internal fuse will have opened...

Please note: The above represents the most common 'etiologies' (based upon certain assumptions) which being offered as 'starting points' but by no means 'restrictors'...

Best of luck!
Dan
icon7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back