Monitor won't work

TheDreams

Yesterday morning I tried to clean my desktop computer(inside case) all I did was open the case and clean off all the fans and plugged them back in. I also disconnected my computer monitor and cleaned that. Once I was done I plugged everything back in and turned my computer on, it started up but my monitor said dvi was inactive instead of active so then it said it was going to sleep. I tried just turning the monitor on and off but it just goes back to sleep(lazy :p) and I've also tried to use a different monitor and video cable but it seems that did not work either(same thing happened) and I am unable to do anything. Maybe I knocked something loose or dust got in the receiving end of the video cable?(haven't cleaned this computer in over 2 years) I don't know just thought I would ask here before I went to get it serviced somewhere. My system information can be viewed here under the information tab. Thanks

Disconnect everything wired to the system. Also the power cord. Open the case use some dryer sheets and rub them into your palms of your hands. Now go inside and make sure everything is seated into the the slots. You might have to pop them up and then click them back into the slots.
Make sure everything is connected inside.First!
Once everything is AOK!
Put back on the cover
connected all outside cable connections back to the PC
Check to see if any pins are bent also.
Connect the PC back to AC power
Turn it on

I took it apart and made sure everything was plugged in and one of the pins on the video cable were bent so I used a different cable and it still had the same result, when I cleaned it out the first time I used compressed air.

Monitor could have shorted out with the bent pin, did you try to insert that with the pin bent?
Do you have another monitor you can try out?

Video is that on the board or on a video card? You can get another card and use that.

It seems that the usual warning beeps did not work, one of my ram cards was not all the way in and that caused the problem!

Back