Monitors will not fire up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I hope someone can help me.

My problem started when I had to replace a damaged Hard Drive. I replaced it with a 250GbHard drive but the BIOS only recognised 137Gb. I knew there might be aproblem with this. I then flashed the BIOS and a statement came up BIOS flashed successfully. I reset the PC as instructed to but when I did this the PC started but the monitors wouldn't fire up. I've got a nvidia Geforce4MX440 card that supports 2 monitors.

I was then told by PC World (where I bought the hard drive from) that flashing the BIOS had knackered my motherboard. I bought a new MSI PM8M-V motherboard and installed it along with everything else that was on the old motherboard but when I switch on I still get the same problem that my monitors won't fire up. Without the monitors working i can't do much at all - I haven't managed to set the new BIOS settings for the new motherboard yet.

Is this simply a case of the graphics card being the knackered item and probably not the original motherboard or have I missed something else.

Any help and suggestions gratefully received.
nasherman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back