1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. "Stock"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. There's no real, heated argument goin' on in the monitor circles, but they go on here because everything else does.

Voting should be based on the quality, technological advancement, and innovation of each unit, not on any flaws of the company that produces them (i.e. customer service). Personal experiences and satisfaction is very helpful in ancillary posts.

2. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 TS Rookie Posts: 302

You seem to have left out both Dell and Apple Cinema displays, so I voted "other."

3. thebaronjocelin

thebaronjocelin TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 158

I don't notice a lot of Dell and Apple displays in stores; those, I would assume, go under stock. Anything they sell in stores is pretty much the same thing they put in the package with your desktop, mouse, keyboard, and speakers.

For the record, your signature reads:
    Offical Translator.

4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

I like samsung, that's my choice.

5. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

I like Hanns-G and Acer. They make well-priced displays. Although I will admit I'm not sure about their quality.

6. thebaronjocelin

I think Hanns-G is pretty nice, Acer I'm not too fond of.

7. thebaronjocelin

Don't forget the other hardware polls. They haven't been voted in yet.

8. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,704   +397

I voted Benq. I've got 2 20.1" widescreens made by them, and a buddy of mine also has a couple. They are working great for us. Only complaint is if the screen is completely black like during a fade out in a movie or something the backlight isn't completely even, but you can't tell if something is displaying.

9. Justin

Justin TS Rookie Posts: 942

Samsung without a doubt

For both LCDs and TVs I love Samsung

My glorious 931c is without a doubt the *best* gaming LCD I have used in my life. It is actually the first one I've ever been willing to use over a CRT.

10. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

I voted other. I like samsung, but I could have voted viewsonic, as I like their monitors as well. I like most of the dell ultrasharp widescreens too. Apple cinema displays are some of the best, but they're overpriced IMO. The acers are cheap, but the ones I've seen have poor color. I've heard generally good things about LG and Benq, but no personal experience with them.