MONSTER BOX! but can it handle ut3 runing max out on everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

0mega9401

MONSTER BOX! but can it handle ut3 running maxed out on everything? these are my soon to be specs. i know it sounds expensive but i get discounts. MICROCENTER!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
ASUS Striker Extreme
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz GO'ing to 3.2
CORSAIR XMS2 4GB(2 x 2GB) :X2 so 8 gigs all together
EVGA 768-P2-N835-AR GeForce 8800GTX Superclocked 768MB :X2 sli'ed
Raptor 150 for my c:
Westie Cav 500gig :X2
Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000
SILVERSTONE TJ09-B
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

now I want to water cool but im not sure what to go with, I hear Dangerden is the best. i need blocks for eveything, but i think the silverstone wont let me in this case. i did something similar a few months back she was sold but im hearing awesome stuff about these q6600's . lastly should i just hold of and wait for more mobo's that support pci 2??? and go with the 9 series¿

PS: im not a douche, i get good discounts please... dont hate.

sounds pretty good to me, i have a friend that works at microcenter. as for waiting for more mobos to support pci 2, thats up to you. Do you want this comp now, or do you have patience.

You'll probably need two radiators, or two differnet circuits. One for the CPU and the mobo chipset, the other for the 2 gpu's. Again, it all depends on how many watts they produce and how much your radiator can hand. Frozencpu.com has a wide selection of things to do research from, but you dont have to buy from them. I would suggest 2 dual 120mm radiators. Ive heard PCI 2.0 isn't remarkebly astounding upgrade from PCI-E x16, so go ahead and get this. It doesnt matter really, its just a matter of 2 months or 6 months before everything is outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back