More BSODS, mini dunp analyser please

By GazD
Mar 18, 2006
  1. Since my last mini dump post, which was down to faulty ram, I have replaced the ram with some new ram. Computer is running sweet apart from some random BSODs. I have the last 4 minidumps zipped up since i changed the ram for one of you very nice people to look at.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3 minidumps crash at nv4_disp.dll, your graphics card driver. They all have a bugcheck of 0A.

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption. It has a bugcheck of 0A.

Uninstall/reinstall your graphics drivers. Also, check for any updated drivers.

Check your ram using the Memtest86+ programme.

Regards Howard :)
  3. GazD

GazD TS Rookie Topic Starter

Many thanks for your prompt

will do the graphics card drivers. As for the memory its brand new, only 5 days old, 2 faulty sets of memory? could anything else cause the bugcheck of 0A
  4. howard_hopkinso

It is possible for your new ram to be faulty. However, I only suggested testing your ram because of the minidump, that crashed with memory corruption.

Try updating the graphics drivers first and see what happens.

5. GazD

GazD TS Rookie Topic Starter

If the ram is faulty then I must be one in a million in having 2 sets of faulty ram. I have updated my graphics card drivers to the latest nvidia forceware as I was using the omega drivers. I will make a new thread if I receive anymore dumps.

Many thanks for you help

6. howard_hopkinso

If you do get any more BSOD`s. It would be better if you continued to post in this thread, rather than starting a new thread.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.