(more) Hacktool.Rootkit problems

By infected-mike
Oct 25, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I joined these forums when I saw how you kindly helped other users with their problems, and i thought that maybe somebody could help me with my problem.
    I first noticed when i tried to run C&C Renegade, a game, and I recieved first this message from Renegade, :"Error: loader couldn't initialize service!" , and then the following message from Norton Antivirus 2005, which I use.
    "Virus Alert
    X High Risk
    Norton Antivirus has detected a virus on your computer.
    Object Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\SVKP.sys
    Virus Name: Hacktool.Rootkit
    Action Taken: Unable to repair this file."

Straight after I closed this window, it was followed by another message:
    "Virus Alert
    X High Risk
    Norton Antivirus has detected a virus on your computer.
    Object Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\SVKP.sys
    Virus Name: Hacktool.Rootkit
    Action Taken: Access to the file was denied."

Whenever I run Renegade, the same process happens. I have tried taking all the steps to show all hidden files, but I cannot find it, manually or by search. Furthermore, when I ran a Norton Antivirus Search, after having updated virus definitions, It came up with no results, but it still has the same message when I run Renegade. I have since installed Hijack This, and tried a few of the tutorials here, and I cant find any of the files on the HJT log that match the oens on the tutorials. Here is my HJT log:
    Please, please help.
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Like anybody else, please follow the Read: How to ... posts at the top of this forum!

There's a Hacktool post, how to post your HJT-log, get rid of trojans, etc.
  3. infected-mike

infected-mike Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Sorry, I've checked for all the files named in tutorials, and I cant find any of them.
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

I have no other advice for Hacktool. Search the web for more.

Run HJT in safe mode and let it fix:
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
    O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
    Fix ALL your O16 - DPF: entries
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B954D288-758D-4901-9F33-F26D4DEC9BD9}: NameServer = 192.168.0.1
  5. infected-mike

infected-mike Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks very much, Ill try it out.
    Knew someone could help me.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.