(more) Hacktool.Rootkit problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I joined these forums when I saw how you kindly helped other users with their problems, and i thought that maybe somebody could help me with my problem.
I first noticed when i tried to run C&C Renegade, a game, and I recieved first this message from Renegade, :"Error: loader couldn't initialize service!" , and then the following message from Norton Antivirus 2005, which I use.
"Virus Alert
X High Risk
Norton Antivirus has detected a virus on your computer.
Object Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\SVKP.sys
Virus Name: Hacktool.Rootkit
Action Taken: Unable to repair this file."

Straight after I closed this window, it was followed by another message:
"Virus Alert
X High Risk
Norton Antivirus has detected a virus on your computer.
Object Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\SVKP.sys
Virus Name: Hacktool.Rootkit
Action Taken: Access to the file was denied."

Whenever I run Renegade, the same process happens. I have tried taking all the steps to show all hidden files, but I cannot find it, manually or by search. Furthermore, when I ran a Norton Antivirus Search, after having updated virus definitions, It came up with no results, but it still has the same message when I run Renegade. I have since installed Hijack This, and tried a few of the tutorials here, and I cant find any of the files on the HJT log that match the oens on the tutorials. Here is my HJT log:
Please, please help.

Like anybody else, please follow the Read: How to ... posts at the top of this forum!

There's a Hacktool post, how to post your HJT-log, get rid of trojans, etc.

I have no other advice for Hacktool. Search the web for more.

Run HJT in safe mode and let it fix:
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
Fix ALL your O16 - DPF: entries
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B954D288-758D-4901-9F33-F26D4DEC9BD9}: NameServer = 192.168.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back