More images of LG's G6 handset leak ahead of MWC reveal

midian182

Staff member

LG will be revealing its new flagship handset, the G6, at Mobile World Congress on Sunday, which means the leaks are coming thick and fast. We already know about its 18:9 FullVision display and the benefits it brings; now, more images of the device have arrived.

Renowned leaker Evan Blass posted the full press renders on Twitter yesterday, giving us a good look at the front and back of the phone. Notice how it has smaller bezels than its G5 predecessor, and the corners of its 5.7-inch screen are rounded.

As we saw in earlier renders, the fingerprint scanner is on the back of the G6, which resulted in several Twitter users pointing out the resemblance to a shocked face.

Another leaked image appeared online recently, this one from Chinese microblogging site Weibo. It shows what is purported to be a real G6 next to last year’s G5, giving you an idea of the differences between the two models. While the phone on the right could be a convincing fake, it does look similar to the press renders.

Like many upcoming flagship smartphones, the G6’s smaller bezels give users more screen space without noticeably increasing the overall size of the handset.

The G6 comes with a Snapdragon 821 SoC, a 2880x1440 resolution, and features an update UI – UX 6.0 – that takes advantage of the FullVision display in certain apps. The camera app, for example, lets you place Instagram-style, 1:1 format photos on one side of the screen while letting you review those you’ve already taken on the other.

We’ll find out more about the G6 at LG’s press conference on February 26

Permalink to story.

My second LG G4 has died since 6/6/15. Don't buy LG, regardless of the specs! Provides time travel? You'll get stranded in the 1500s! Built-in phaser? Will start reboot loop just as the Klingons attack. Able to project to any screen wirelessly and able to play any PC game directly from the phone? It will project your most embarrassing browser history to every screen you pass.

Don't buy it! It's a trap!

My second LG G4 has died since 6/6/15. Don't buy LG, regardless of the specs! Provides time travel? You'll get stranded in the 1500s! Built-in phaser? Will start reboot loop just as the Klingons attack. Able to project to any screen wirelessly and able to play any PC game directly from the phone? It will project your most embarrassing browser history to every screen you pass.

Don't buy it! It's a trap!

ACTUALLY, I have a LG G3 that I had to buy to replace a dropped Samsung. I was surprised that a cheaper phone was better than my more expensive, better name phone.

If I need to buy a new phone again, I will definitely consider LG and not pay attention to this guy who had some problems because of something he did not mention.

ACTUALLY, I have a LG G3 that I had to buy to replace a dropped Samsung. I was surprised that a cheaper phone was better than my more expensive, better name phone.

If I need to buy a new phone again, I will definitely consider LG and not pay attention to this guy who had some problems because of something he did not mention.
Yeah, it's just me.
https://www.google.com/search?q=LG+....69i57j0l5.16471j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I was driving down the road, listening to an audio book when it froze up this time. I don't remember the exact circumstances the first time, but it was similar. Something in the G4 dies during normal use, normally around 9 months to 1 year after it's activated. The first time it happened the Verizon employee opened it up, certain they could say it was water damage, but the indicator showed it had never been wet. This time? "Oh, you must have the restart loop, huh?"

I am well aware of the G3s excellent reputation. It is why I gave the G4 a try (that and the fantastic camera). Unfortunately, something in the G4 isn't capable of lasting 1 year, much less the two years I need. If LG would make good on it or had recalled them, I might trust them again. Since they didn't, I won't and I will warn others.

From Phone Arena:
"LG has now acknowledged the problem, and promised repairs to devices affected by the fault.
The issue appears to be more prevalent than a couple of scattered incidents. With a growing number of social media postings having highlighted the problem, LG seems to have found a root cause. An issue that threatens any and all G4 variants, the bootloop is said to be caused by "loose contact between components." Simply put, it's a hardware issue rather than something that can be fixed by a simple OTA update, although the company promises free repairs to anybody affected."

They don't want to replace mine though.

Last edited:
Back