More silly emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

This has been copied from an incoming email, & is similar to many that I've been receiving for the last three weeks or so, I suppose they are marginally better than the sex-aid ads!, is this one a common example of these nuisance emails?, most of the others are from Kenya, & are about bank balances that they can't touch themselves, & they want to deposit in my bank account [NO, I don't believe ANY of them, of course, I just wonder why I'm getting them now, I know they're not viruses, but they ara damn nuisance.........just keep deleting, I suppose, hoping they will tail off [I'm only getting one or two of the sex-aid "ads" now].

Sorry to clog up space on the forum with these lengthy items!
TO THE MANAGER
INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT,
REF: OYL /26510460037/02
BATCH: 24/00319/IPD

ATTENTION:
RE/ AWARD NOTIFICATION; FINAL NOTICE

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement today 07 MAY,.2004, of
winners of the SUNSWEETWIN PROMO LOTTERY,THE NETHERLANDS/INTERNATIONAL,
PROGRAMS held on 30 APRIL,2004. Your name/company,is attached to ticket
number 023-0148-790-459, with serial number 5073-11 drew the lucky numbers
43-11-44-37-10-43,and consequently won the lottery in the 3rd category. You
have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay of US$5,500.000.00 in cash
credited to file REF NO. OYL/25041238013/02.

This is from total prize money of US$80,400,000.00 shared among the
seventeen international winners in this category. All participants were
selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25,000 names from
Australia, New Zealand, America, Europe, North America and Asia as part of
International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually.

CONGRATULATIONS! Your fund is now deposited with a Security company insured
in your name. Due to the mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you
keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been
processed and your money remitted to your account. This is partof our
security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous act by
participants of this program. We hope with a part of you prize, you will
participate in our end of year high stakes US$1.3 billion International
Lottery.

To begin your claim,please respond to this mail as soon as you receive it
For due processing and remittance of your prize money to a designated
account of yourchoice. Remember, all prize money must be claimed not later
than 23rd may 2004,After this date, all funds will be returned as unclaimed.
NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please
remember to quote your reference and batch numbers in every one of your
correspondences with your agent.

Furthermore, should there be any change of your address, do inform your
claims agent as soon as possible.

Congratulations again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our
promotions program.

Sincerely,
Mr Micheal Fox.

THE PROMOTIONS MANAGER, SUNSWEETWIN PROMO LOTTERY,THE NETHERLANDS.

N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of the winners will
result to disqualification.
SORRY FOR THE LATE INFORMATION THANKS

There are plenty of spam filters you can use on common e-mail programs, so unless this is some free e-mail thing from some website you could run one of them (spam filters). They aren't perfect, but they will help out a lot.
I don't knwo what I'm going to do here when my school cuts my e-mail off and I use another address as my main one, because UMR has some server side filter that will flag spam and then I just set up a rule in outlook 2k3 to send it to spam, and most of the time it doesn't even do that new mail notification, so I check the spam folder about once a day and delete whats inside.

SNGX1275, No, I'm not usually bothered by spam, I have got a good spam filter, just wondered why they just suddenly appeared, that's all, I certainly didn't ask for them.
Hope you can sort out your email problem, thought you were 24, I guess you work at the school?, how can they cut off your email just like that, bit strict in Missouri, aren't they?, if they tried that at English schools there would be hell to pay.

Masters degree, I'm 23 (24 in July). Graduate on Saturday May 15th. I have a few months grace period before they cut off the e-mail and my account. They don't grant permanate 200 meg accounts to anyone that graduates, its only for the time you are here.

Congratulations, SNGX, [feels strange, calling you that!] you're doing well in your life, only wish the oppurtunities were there for me when I was young, I left school at age 14, in 1945........[makes me feel ancient], but from then on I "pulled myself up by my bootstraps" as they say, & got a position in the Civil Service, which was quite an achievement for someone with only just over seven year's schooling [ I lost nearly two years as my school was destroyed in the blitz]..... am I blowing my own trumpet here?
Thinking back though, if I had done differently, I wouldn't have met my lovely wife, & had 40 good years with her, before she passed away, ah well, that's life. Thanks for telling me about yourself, if you like, you could send me an email, & we could chat more, I'll understand if you're too busy, I've got time to reminisce, you "young'uns" are kept busy getting your lives organised, & no, I'm NOT feeling sorry for myself, just being practical.
Better wind this up, or the TS Administrator will be rapping my knuckles for using the site as a chatline!, best of luck for your future.
Maurice

SNG;
I want to congratulate you also and wish you all the best.(If the administrator gets angry it would be worth the Slap)
Don't sweat the email account you can allways get a hotmail account until you are established somewhere!

Don't know why I was notified of your post, Liquidlen, but it's good of you to join me in congratulating SNG, he is doing well, glad that I encouraged him to say a little about himself, hope I haven't embarrassed him in front of the TS "crowd", that wasn't my intention, & I think he knows that.
52, huh? Liquidlen, vying for the top age position?, when I shuttle off this mortal coil, you still have to compete with Olefarte, he's somewhere between the two of us!
Have a look at my profile, my remarks there sums me up too, not unlike yours.
Cheers, Maurice.

Thanks guys. Maurice you sure you got notified of Liquidlen's post and not the PM I sent you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back