More TechSpot nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
I have gone through all my stored archives of TechSpot older designs (3ds actually) and posted shots in our gallery, some even needed rebuilding but it was really worth it.
They all took me back in time and reminded me of different instances and moments of TS history. I ended up thinking of how proud I am to be part of TechSpot and how big we've got in the past couple of years... we all owe it to you, our readers, of course.

So here we go, I have included some commentary with each one of the shots, a must-read for TS fanatics, heh..

3DS, the one with animated logo - 1998
3DS, flashy green... what was I thinking?! - Early 1999
3DS, nice one using skyblue over blue - Late 1999
3DS, almost there... getting bigger - 2000
TechSpot, current design before polishing - Early 2003

Also the previously posted design shots are here, these are the more widely known designs that I posted the other day:

Older TechSpot, also branded 3DS (2001 - 2002
3D Spotlight (1999 - 2000?

Pics in the gallery aren't visible with firewall enabled. This has been an issue for some time now, and this is the only place that I have ever seen this issue. There is a problem with the gallery, and it needs fixing. Many users are experiencing this issue, but no one seems to know why it is happening. It has nothing to do with firewall settings, that much is certain. Anyone?

I believe it has to do with security settings we have put on the server side so that pictures can't be used on other websites while still being hosted here (sort of bandwidth stealing). It really doesn't depend on us whatever custom settings you are using, even if it's a simple firewall... I use one and I can see pictures.

Hehe... This brings back some memories...

Kinda fun to see how it looked back then, and how it is now...
Especially the pic from 99-2k when I joined the ranks...

I have a firewall enabeled and don't have a problem looking at the pictures. Also I think that is awesome you spent time to refurbish some of those pictures, because it does bring back some memories for me. I joined in 2001, but I remember seeing the way things used to look from back in the day. nice work Julio.

I can't see them, and I use a very popular firewall, Norton Firewall 2003. That's kinda a big issue, Norton is one of the most used firewalls.

Like I've said before, I can't see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back