TechSpot

More trouble with SPYBOT, Help!

By deanyoung78
Dec 20, 2005
  1. Well, it seems my computer is infected with adware galore and a trojan or two, as Avast tells me I have a few versions of Trojan-gen. While this might be a case of mistaken identity, I doubt it...

Back to Spybot. I've been trying to download updates for it, and it keeps on telling me the files are corrupted and doesn't let me download them. I finally opted to uninstall it and start over with a new version. However, it was impossible for me to reinstall Spybot. After a long time and my computer acting extra-slow, I got the following message:

NSIS ERROR

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download, or a virus.

You mey want to contact the autor of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the \NCRC command line switch. (NOT RECCOMMENDED).

Anyway, don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Also, I downloaded AVG Anti virus and it found a trojan horse downloader.Itsbar.7.K, maybe that has something to do with it?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Please stop opening all these new posts about the same problem!
    Just continue in your 'old' post!

3. deanyoung78

deanyoung78 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Very Sorry

I'm sorry. Didn't mean to do that. I thought it was a different problem, seeing as it's spybot that's not working and I can't install it. Anyway, I apologize.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.