Morrowind on sis 650?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ural_

I was planning on getting oblivion, but my video card will not play it so I decided to buy the elder scrolls 3 - morrowind which came out in 2002 although its pretty old I want to get some stuff out of my old computer before I buy a new computer.
My question is will my old sis 650 32mb video card play morrowind? and with visuals and graphics turned up to high?

Your SIS 650 is an integrated graphics chip isn't it? It may not run Morrowind because it can't do texture and lighting effects or pixel shading.
You could run Morrowind with a program called 3danalyze which emulates T&L effects you can download it Here (just click the image). As for pixel shading it’s not essential to run Morrowind but you’ll notice water and other textures may appear bland without it. It may be possible to increase your video memory by assigning system memory to it in your bios I used a SIS 651 graphics chipset which was set to 32mb but could be increased to 64mb for some extra performance. Emulation performance with 3dAnalyze depends on the speed of your cpu so you should take that into consideration too.

Hi thanks for ur reply, i dnt no much about the technical things but i can play gta vice city and halo with my current graphic card with pixels shaded n all so I hope that helps? and my cpu speed is 1.8ghz.

I think you should be fine. The official requirements for the Game of the year edition of Morrowind are
here.
It looks like your system should be fully capable of running Morrowind except for Directx 8.1 as the SIS 650 only supports Directx 7 but there's always the emulation option as your CPU definitely seems to be fast enough. Good Luck

well my sis 650 supports up 2 directx9.0c so it should be fine i guess and always the emulation option like u said,
thanks for the posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back