MOSMP036 (mp3/removable disk) help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

siinvincible

Recently, I upgraded my computer a lot, and this required a format... However, I forgot to save the software for my mp3 player, which is called Jockey Software, although I though I'd easily be able to find the disk I got with the mp3 player whenever I need it...But I've lost the disk!

Also, when the mp3 player is connected sometimes it crashes windows, although firefox etc are still able to run, as is task manager (so, obviously windows isn't crashed from this :p ) But, basically, it crashed My Computer and the taskbar and the desktop... Could this be a driver problem, with the drivers being on the disk which I don't have?

Please help! :)

Can you please provide some of your system's specs. Things like make, model, and operating system (Windows version)

Try this:

"Plug your MOSMP036 into your USB port on your computer. Find it in "Device Manager". Double click on it then go to "Driver". Click on "Update Driver", then on "Next" then "Next" again and again to search for suitable driver. DO NOT INSTALL the driver it says is nearest match but click on the "Install one of the other drivers box and click "Next". Select the driver for USB mass storage device and click next. You will now be able to find your MP3 player's disc in Widows Explorer where you can create folders and copy and move files at will. Just remember when you have finished to go into MOS Jukebox, click on Sync the on File and then on Exit, otherwise your player menu will not display your songs as you have installed them"...

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that!

My computer specs are:
Windows XP Home Edition x86
1024mb RAM
2ghz Dual-core processor (Intel)
Asrock 4coredual-sata2 motherboard

I don't think I have any driver conflicts on here, though I have had a few problems since upgrading my computer to the new processor and motherboard a few weeks ago...

Thanks again :)

Hmmm, I've done as you said, but I'm not able to sync in Explorer... It just says 'There are no offline items to synchronize'.

Is there any software you think I could use which would have the same effect as the Jockey software? I've tried Musicmatch and Mediamonkey, but neither actually make the songs come up on the mp3 player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back