Most Wanted and others Crashing after 33min of play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought NFS:Most Wanted, got it installed and up and running with no problems.
So I begin to play everythings running smooth, then....BAM game closes and there is my desktop stairing at me.
Im a little dumb-founded so I re-open the game and it loads fine up to the main menu and then dumps me back to my desktop again.
Little pissed of, I restart my comp and then re-open Most Wanted. Runs fine but once more, the game crashes to my desktop.
My temps are ok.
Idle my CPU runs at 31.6c and my video card runs at 35.0c. While playing the game the CPU goes to 33.0 and my video card goes to 40.0c.
I don't think heat is the factor. I got all my drivers up to date.
Any help?

PC Specs:
Intel P4 3.0ghz
Gigabyte Tech 865PE Mobo
2Gig Ram
VisionTek Xtasy 9200SE 128MB AGP (I think that this might be my problem)
Running AvRack 5.1 audio from the Mobo

OK this problem is occuring with my Dad's PC too. It has a Jetway 9200SE AGP and I've updated the game to the latest patch. I have updated to the latest Catalyst drivers too for him but the problem persists. Any help anyone? Specs are
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
Shuttle MV43V\N Mobo
2x512MB TWINMOS PC2700 DDR RAM
Creative Vibra 128 Sound Card
P.S. - He's not ready to upgrade coz the PC runs almost all the games out there (including BF2) on low settings. Forget about telling me that.

My friend runs the game on the same video card only he has a Celeron. It doesn't occur for him. Then why for me. It's probably some bug I'm thinking but since I've updated it already, no go. I think I'll have to let him use my PC for it instead :D

sigh

What is the make and model of your PSU? Tell us everything on the little sticker on the side of the PSU.

It's not the PSU. It's an Antec TruePower 480W PSU that I had used previously before I upgraded to the previous rig. Plus BF2 runs fine so why the problem with NFS:MW? It's supposed to be less demanding than BF2. Anyways it has 17A on each 12V rail for a total of 34A, which is more than enough.

Did you search mobo chipset driver updates?
Also pull and clean the video card, RAM and sound card interface fingers. Below out the mobo slots of each of the above.
Reseat firmly.
Roll back your video driver to previous version.
Do a complete scan for viruses and spyware, trojans.
Dwnload and run GameXP, this reduces unnecessary windows services which might be conflicting with the game.

That's all I can think of for now.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back