Most Wanted Sequel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demiurg

Sequels seem to be the fad right now, with Soldiers of Fortune 2, Jedi Knight 2, Unreal 2, UT 2, Doom 3, Warcraft III, Icewind Dale 2, Thief 3, Deus Ex 2 etc. in the works, but where is System Shock 3? I never played the legendary original, but SS 2 is one of the most terrifying and atmospheric games I've ever played. It also succeded admiringly to fuse RPG-elements with a FPS. The downside was the lackluster graphics as it was built with the Thief-engine. The atmosphere, depth, gameplay and cinematic storyline of SS2 combined with the Doom 3 or Unreal 2-engine would surely be unbeatable.
So that's my pick for the most wanted (and missing) sequel.

Well.. I wouldn't want a "true" sequal, just more of the genre and universe:

"The Dig" "Flight of the Amazon Queen" "LSL" "S&M hit the road" "Full Throttle" "DOT" etc...

I miss those point & click games!

A new, working ver, of Rogue for my Palm...
Maybe a rework on the old LOTR games, that sort of stuff...

.02$

(Or maybe just a way to play them in w2k... That'd be great too!)

Leisure Suit Larry, Full Throttle with theme music from the Gone Jackels...
Classic stuff.
Also in with those classic is the Monkey Island series :)

PS: I am looking for the info but I am sure I saw that someone had acquired the license for the new LOTR computer game...

I would very much like a Max Payne sequel.

Looking back at games that I finished and would like a sequel to that are a bit older, I would have to say E.G.G for the Dreamcast. That game was so cool.

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
"The Dig" "Flight of the Amazon Queen" "LSL" "S&M hit the road" "Full Throttle" "DOT" etc...

I miss those point & click games!

Never heard of any of them, but then I started playing video games just a couple of years ago. BTW, I found this description of "Flight of the Amazon Queen": "Walk around in underwear and try to impress beautiful women...". They don't make games like that anymore...

Originally posted by Demiurg
Never heard of any of them, but then I started playing video games just a couple of years ago. BTW, I found this description of "Flight of the Amazon Queen": "Walk around in underwear and try to impress beautiful women...". They don't make games like that anymore...

You should check out some descriptions of the leisure suit larry games :haha: :giddy:

here i go again...

the next Final Fantasy!!!!
:haha:
well, you did ask for the "most wanted sequel, didn't you? ;)
other sequels i would like to see are already mentioned everywhere.

isn't it strange that these point & click adventure games are gone? the latest monkey island was pretty fun till the part you have to fight with monkeys :dead:
i really liked the...the... what's the name... the adventure game that was made by westwoods... the one about wizards and sth... :confused:

Re: here i go again...

Originally posted by Ai Hate
isn't it strange that these point & click adventure games are gone? the latest monkey island was pretty fun till the part you have to fight with monkeys :dead:
i really liked the...the... what's the name... the adventure game that was made by westwoods... the one about wizards and sth... :confused:

Discworld?

I agree with you on the newest Monkey Island... Quite fun, but once I got the to the monkey figthing, I got stuck... Never bothered finishing the game...

Arris> With LOTR games, I think back to the text based games... (kinda like Rogue, only with more graphics..)
And if we should list all the good games from that era, we might be typing for quite a while! :)

Demiurg> If you only started a couple of years back, it's no wonder you don't know them... Most of these games are from before 1997 (which means I can get them as abandonware, but not working on a w2k machine...)

As for the descriptions... The games managed to create a proper atmosphere, which is rare in these days, and had you playing for hours on end before you realized it... (Which, in my case, happens very seldom for me now...)

And yes, go look up the description for Lesuire Sweet Larry.... It should give you a good laugh!

Re: Re: here i go again...

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi

Arris> With LOTR games, I think back to the text based games... (kinda like Rogue, only with more graphics..)
And if we should list all the good games from that era, we might be typing for quite a while! :)

I found quite a few sites about old Commodore, Atari and Amstrad LOTR games while looking for information about the new ones.
A couple of classics that I used to play on my Atari800 were "Lords Of Karma" text adventure where if you died you were reborn on a mountain top miles from anywhere :haha:
Another was a 3d flight sim/adventure called Mercenary. You could find a cheese wedge (depicted with 9 lines :haha: ) and fly it around as if it was a ship. My how I laughed back then.

I remember a game I enjoyed playing long ago called Rings of Zilfin. Its been so long that they may have created a sequel. If they havent, I would get it if they were to make an updated one just for sentimental value

Originally posted by Ravellidar
I remember a game I enjoyed playing long ago called Rings of Zilfin. Its been so long that they may have created a sequel. If they havent, I would get it if they were to make an updated one just for sentimental value

Another one I've never heard about. Oh well.

ringsofzilfin.jpg

"I highly recommend Rings of Zilfin because of the good graphics..."

"requires almost a megabyte free"

(START VOL. 2 NO. 5 / SPRING 1988)

http://www.atarimagazines.com/startv2n5/fun.html

I would like to see square make a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics. That game was one of the most addictive ones i have ever played for playstation.

Originally posted by 40 oz.
I would like to see square make a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics. That game was one of the most addictive ones i have ever played for playstation.
yes :)

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
Surely all FF Games are the same just with different graphics etc. When will Square make a "new" FF Game.

I think FF games can be compared to books. People like them for the stories along with the gameplay. A new type of FF games would be cool but I don't know if they need to change it from its current style.

Long Live Final Fantasy!!!

actually, there are different games based around the FF world (or at least theme):
the Final Fantasy series
the Saga series (Romancing Saga (SFC), and Saga Frontier (PS))
Final Fantasy Tactics
the Seiken series (GB & SFC)
Bahamut Lagoon (SFC)
Chocobo Racing (PS)
Chocobo Dungeon (PS)

so you see, there are other types of FF based games. what i'm ranting about is that if FFXI is to be a new type of FF, then name it sth else! but definitely not FF. i just think Square's trying to sell the FF name.
anyway, this is just some pointless ranting since the game's not even out yet. who knows, it might be one of the best FF in the series, and has a complete FF feeling.
but at least i don't like the trailer. :rolleyes:

I heard of a new generation Tomb Raider game in the works with a completely new engine, and new levels of realism.

I would like another game set in the Half Life Universe, but with a completely different plot and set.... perhaps more of a mystery with a kind of X-Files feel, but also good FPS action....

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
Will it have ladders that aren't flat? :)

Dunno but I bet ya it has blocks that you can push :haha:
pc.IGN.com have an article about Eidos which suggest the tombraider game should be out October 2002.

Gahh! Too many FF games. :dead: But hey, in 10 years I'll be groaning about FFXXI.

Unreal 2. The graphics...:eek:...I think they're the best reason to go out and buy a Geforce4 Ti :D Now if only I had the money :(

Heh. Full Throttle was oh-so-short but OH-so-sweet. I think to this day I've played it like 40 times...Every game gets boring after a while :rolleyes: A sequel would be GREATLY appreciated to someone like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back