Mostly 0x50 BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

For the past couple weeks, I have been tortured by several BDODs every day. It's mostly 0x50 "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" or 0xC2 Bad Pool Callers.

The common denominator is that is seems to occur when I am playing "World of Warcraft" online, as far as I know. It never used to do this and I have not installed any new hardware or anything else major.

What I have done so far:
I've uninstalled my Video Drivers and Sound Card drivers and reinstalled the latest drivers. I've updated my Nvidia motherboard chipset drivers. I've updated my bios to the latest motherboard bios (11/04). I've run a chkdisk on my C: drive and ran memtest86+ a couple times and it reported NO errors.

In the past couple days, I upgraded to brand new memory (2GB Corsair) and the errors still existed. I tried different memory slots, etc., no no avail.

I've searched the internet for any answers or if anyone else has my problem and I have turned up little to nothing. I am in dire need of help. I've captured the last several saved minidumps from the BSODs. However, the past 3 BSODs were not saved in a minidump for some reason.

Please, if you can, I need real help to solve this. I have exhausted everything I can do.

I thank you in advance for any and all help.

Here is my setup:

DFI LANPARTY UT N4 SLI-DR (Bios 11/04)
Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO (2GB)
OCZ Geforce 7800GTX
Audigy 2 ZS
Western Digital - 200GB SATA
Western Digital - 80GB IDE
Antec 480w PSU
Plextor Premium CDRW
Lite-On DVD
Windows XP Pro SP 2

De-install ZA and Norton AV

Hi,

Your windows are crashed with bugchceck 50 and C2. It may be related to faulty ram. The crashing module is nVidia Display card. However I also find your windows install Norton AV and ZA. There have a lot of confirmed BSOD cases within this forum which are related to ZA and Norton AV. Especially your version of ZA have at least over 10 confirmed case of BSOD.

Suggestion
1. De-install or Re-install ZA and upgrade it to latest version. You can sygate firewall.
2. De-install or Re-install Norton AV. You can install AVG.
3. Run memtest to stress test the ram

After you fix the ZA and Norton, re-post if your windows is still crashes. Your nVidia Display Card Driver maybe the culprit but I search google and there has no hit relating to your version of display card driver casuing BSOD.

Okay, I updated Zone Alarm Pro to v6.1. I am using Norton System Works. When you reference Norton, are you referring to Norton AV? Or the entire Systemworks program?

I can install TrendMicro PC-Cillin.

Update:

I didn't even have Zone Alarm Pro loaded up and I had another BSOD 0x2C (Bad Pool Caller). I had World of Warcraft minimized and I went to empty my trash on my desktop, and as I did that action, the BSOD appeared.

Hi.

I uninstalled Norton AV and Systemworks. I also updated Zone Alarm Pro to the latest version.

I still get BSODs. Just today, I hade Zone Alarm turned off while I was playing World of Warcraft and I received a 0xC2 Bad Pool Caller BSOD.

I just don't know what to do. I can't explain it! I need help.

Hi,

Suggestion
1. De-install or Re-install ZA and upgrade it to latest version. You can sygate firewall. <-- If you are still using the same version of ZA. ZA has a lot of hooks to the windows kernel. You have to un-install ZA or not stop using ZA
2. De-install or Re-install Norton AV. You can install AVG. <-- Trend Micro is unstable and AVG is better
3. Run memtest to stress test the ram <-- Do you run the memtest?

You can report the problem to Microsoft and ask for their opinion.

cpc2004 said:
Hi,

Suggestion
1. De-install or Re-install ZA and upgrade it to latest version. You can sygate firewall. <-- If you are still using the same version of ZA. ZA has a lot of hooks to the windows kernel. You have to un-install ZA or not stop using ZA
2. De-install or Re-install Norton AV. You can install AVG. <-- Trend Micro is unstable and AVG is better
3. Run memtest to stress test the ram <-- Do you run the memtest?

You can report the problem to Microsoft and ask for their opinion.

Yes, I did all those options.

My memory had no errors when running Memtest86+.
I have removed Norton AV from my system completely.
I upgraded to the latest version of ZA, and when I play World of Warcraft, I completely exit and unload ZA completely.

I got a new BSOD just today too. 0x7E. I have no idea what that means.

Hi,

Your latest two minidumps have the footprint nv4_disp+0x383 (nVidia Display Card Driver). Maybe the latest nVidia display card has software error or the display card is faulty. Report the problem to nVidia.

STACK_TEXT:
b291d85c 8054a583 000000c2 00000007 00000cd4 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1b
b291d8ac bf802acb e5daa3f0 00000000 b291d8cc nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x2a3
b291d8bc bf8a15e5 e5daa3f0 e20f1770 4e050f1e win32k!HeavyFreePool+0xbb
b291d8cc bf9d7838 e5daa400 e5d33318 e47f8010 win32k!EngFreeMem+0x1c
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
b291d8d4 e5d33318 e47f8010 e2234010 bf9d7001 nv4_disp+0x3838

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back