MostMessed Up SC Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok If i Run Starcraft For any ammount of time it will randomly crash during a game Multiplayer/Single Player Just Shuts off my Computer

Acer Incorperated
iNTEL(r)

Celeron CPU 3.06 Ghz
3.07 Ghz 480 MB of RAM

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

You can also check your idle temperatures in the BIOS, if your motherboard supports hardware monitoring.

Get idle temperatures and "load" temperatures:

1) Idle: Just check out the temperatures while not doing anything

2) Start the game, enter a map and play for 5 minutes. Alt-Tab into Windows (don't worry if Starcraft crashes or anything). Then take a peak at Speed Fan to see where your temperatures are. You may have to be fast, since CPU/Video card use will drop off precipitously once you alt-tab. Notice the CPU, motherboard/case temperature, and hard drive temperatures. Report back here with them.

Alternatively, to get load temperature, you could run something like 3dmark (which is free) and benchmark your computer. While it is running the benchmarks, have speedfan open and monitor temperatures.

Also, you could run something like SuperPi (free) to stress out your CPU and see how high you can get the temperature.

This will tell you whether or not your computer is approaching the auto-shutdown threshold.

If it is, you will need to probably reseat your heatsink fan with new thermal paste, or investigate other cooling options.

For example, my motherboard is Asus, and it comes with a utility to monitor temperatures.

IDLE:
CPU: 38C
MB: 36C

LOAD: CPU: 49C
MB: 46C

This is well within normal ranges. If my CPU was in the 70-80C range, I would suspect I had a problem with my heatsink fan. 80C is a normal auto-shutdown point that gets triggered to keep you from frying your CPU.

It looks like that is probably triggering an auto-shutdown. Without knowing the precise model of your chip (You could use CPU-Z www.cpuid.com and post a screen shot), I can't determine the max temperature, but for some of those celerons it is in the 60C-70C range, which would make sense, because that's when your computer shuts down.

Looks like you need a new heat sink fan.

I advise you go to www.cpuid.com and get CPU-Z, and post:

CPU tab screen shot
Main tab screen shot

You may be able to fix it by just buying some new thermal paste, cleaning the dust out of it, and reinstalling it. My guess is that it would be easier and better to buy a new one, particularly if yours is having fan issues (I wouldn't be surprised).

That or ur comp's video card is too low or damaged...it happpened to me once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back