Mother Board Fryed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Gateway machine and in the past few weeks the on board video card started acting up... It would either give me the video driver stopped working or just flash a static screen and reboot...I replaced the video card and the video problems stopped however my internet connection started going out for periods of about 30 seconds at a time...(kept getting disconnected from an online game) I replaced everything up to the NIC and had the ISP run a check on the line. This left the NIC as the only probable problem.. When I went to replace the NIC I don't think I had the card all the way in due and rebooted the machine and it did not find the new hardware... I then made sure the NIC was installed correctly and went to turn the machine back on and nothing... it was dead... The green light on the mother board is still on and I did replace the PSU and still have the same problem... I'm guessing with the other on board components going out it is the mother board but I just wanted another opinion before replacing it. Thanks

Yeop that didn't do it either.... I think I have eliminated everything but a new mother board.. unless anyone else can think of anything... another question... If I do have to replace the mother board do you think I should just get the same one that come from the factory or replace with another brand?

What are the chances the Chip is fryed too?

try unplugging everything in your comp that isnt needed to start the comp. ie everything but motherboard,cpu,psu,memory then see if it works.

Are you plugged in to a surge protector, if so try plugging into a regualr or different outlet temporroty and see if it fixes your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back