Motherboard acting crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisdurrani

Hey guys hows it goin...i have 2 problems

1) I have a problem when ever i start my computer it says Warning !!System is in safe mode please reset you overclocked settings press F1 to continue or DEL to go into setup......

after i reset my computer to defualt settings in bios my computer keeps saying the same thing when ever i start my computer...i restarted my computer like a 100 times but it just keeps saying the same thing and i have to press f1 to start windows

2) When i start press the start button it takes about 35 to 40 seconds for my computer to Actually start....basically what i am saying is that the startup boot screen comes 35 seconds after i press the start button... this never happend before and just started doing this today....

Any Suggentions on what is happening

MSI- K8N neo platinum 7030
amd athlon 3200+
geforce 6800
512 DDR

I am guessing when you say you press the "start button" are you talking about power button on your case, not "Start" button as in, Windows? Right?

Sounds like the "default" BIOS settings are not right, overclocked or not. Sounds like you just need to set everything, not to defaults or to failsafe, but to "correct" settings.
This would be multiplier and RAM CAS speeds etc...

Taking 35 seconds to show you the post screen would be that the system is having trouble detecting everything.
You'll have to go into BIOS and check that the settings are right. Or at least that they are all AUTO.

good luck

hey

yea sorry i actually meant the power button.

so how much do u think i should keep the CAS speed...cause right now its on AUTO which i guess is 170 !!! am not sure....how much would you recommand...pluse does changing IDE's have any effect ???

enter the bios, press f10 and save your settings. that should do it. if not, just reset the cmos as per your manual instructs. you might want to record your settings if you do reset it. cas should be left to auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back