Motherboard Acting Totally wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisdurrani

Ok am not sure how to explain this but let me try lol

My motherboard Will only turn on if i press the Power Switch at the Back of the PSU.... I DONT PRESS THE POWER SWITCH ON THE CASING because of this i dont get any sort of display....i just press the switch at the back and everything turns on ...The fan starts spinning the lights are on and my gpu's fan starts spinning but no display

But sometimes when i am Lucky i press the power switch at the back of the psu the motherboard doesnt start and than when i press the Power button on the Casing than everything works fine like i can go to windows and everything ...

that is FREAKIN WIERD MAN ..... I can only use my computer Normally when i press the Power Button on the casing but after shutdown the thing will stop working ....

I checked the PSU thats Perfectly fine... MY Video Card is Fine checked that also I know something is wrong with the motherboard but i dont know how to fix it ???

I dont want to start my computer by switching the psu ON and OFF All the time. any suggestions

Thanks

harrisdurrani said:
Ok am not sure how to explain this but let me try lol

My motherboard Will only turn on if i press the Power Switch at the Back of the PSU.... I DONT PRESS THE POWER SWITCH ON THE CASING because of this i dont get any sort of display....i just press the switch at the back and everything turns on ...The fan starts spinning the lights are on and my gpu's fan starts spinning but no display

But sometimes when i am Lucky i press the power switch at the back of the psu the motherboard doesnt start and than when i press the Power button on the Casing than everything works fine like i can go to windows and everything ...

that is FREAKIN WIERD MAN ..... I can only use my computer Normally when i press the Power Button on the casing but after shutdown the thing will stop working ....

I checked the PSU thats Perfectly fine... MY Video Card is Fine checked that also I know something is wrong with the motherboard but i dont know how to fix it ???

I dont want to start my computer by switching the psu ON and OFF All the time. any suggestions

Thanks

99.9% chance that the onboard voltage regulators for the processor are nearly dead, or the hi energy density caps on the same regulated voltage have had it.

Assuming the one you mentioned pertaining to your profile which is relatively new. Then its regulators or caps subjected to too much heat or abuse of OC'ng.

Replace the mobo before it dies suddenly taking out the processor and also the memory with it.

harrisdurrani said:
is there any way to fix it ??
One thing will lead to another, another will lead futher to something else, to teach you the howto will take forever.

To understand you need to know how FET works, but that is not enough you also needed to know how FET was made/constructed to recognize their various modes of failure, etc... so on and so forth.

If you're an average tech, I suggest shotgun replacements of all processor's regulators and CAPS on that voltage tap. Else just RMA or buy a new mobo.

In the mean time avoid turning on/off as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back