Motherboard and SATA drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer motherboard Gigabye 7nnxp would not boot with Seagate Baracude SATA drive any more. Nothing changed since last use. I tried all troubleshooting techniques and found no problem elsewhere. The SATA plastic cable has a crack on one end. When remove the power cable and SATA connector, the mobo will boot. As soon as the connector and power cord are connected. The computer just has front power switch light on, the computer won't boot. Does this mean the SATA drive is fried or I need to replace with new cables. I know the sATA cable is very flaky. Is this the source of the problem.

What it presently means is your Sata cable is cracked and may be shorting or at least confusing your OS so it needs replacing.

After that, then other things may come into play.

:)

Thank you for your help. I borrowed a working computer which support SATA devices and used its cable to connect my drive. The same thing happened. The computer would not power up. The power switch light and RAM LED were on. I even used a brand new cable. It just would not power on. Any idea? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back