Motherboard and Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just the motherboard for Vista, it's the processor type and speed, amount and type of memory. What programs you run, what video cards and a bunch of other things like having a hugh hard drive, that you'll need for MS Vista to run properly...

You can get the info on Vista here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

I have done it.

But I will never use "microsoft" and "works" in the same sentence unless refering to a crappy OEM suite...

Vista looks neat, (reason to have tons of memory and a great video card, and a large hard drive) but going through the "test drive" of Vista, all my 3rd party programs, that I know and love either won't work or won't be necessary any longer. The Vista Advisor scared me by telling me that it doesn't like my PCI IDE controller, and that my favorite game, Microsoft's own Halo won't run on Vista...

bach0004151 said:
My Asus Motherboard is new only one month old.
I gess I will try it.

Are you going to buy a 64-bit processor and 2GB of memory to go with your motherboard too?

Are you sure you are ready for Vista? It may not be ready for you. I guess someone has to try it

Vista Requirements

Here are the vista requirements coming from micorsofts site http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/capable.mspx

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:

1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
1 GB of system memory.
Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
DVD-ROM Drive.
Audio output capability.
Internet access capability.

So as you can see, at most people might have to do is upgrade their memory. I personally would prefer to run Vista on a dual core MOBO, with about 2-3 GB of memory. But for all you people that are afraid of needing a brand new "Vista ready" pc. Do a little research before you go and spend $1000 bucks on a new system. Right now mine is running a p4 2.66 GHZ, 1GB Corsair XMS pc 2700, X1950 Radeon, with about 300 GB space. So im not worried in the least....yet

A Vista Capable machine has much slimmer requirements. If you don't need the 3d interface but want the enhanced features of Vista you can still do it provided you meet this:
A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:
A modern processor (at least 800MHz).
512 MB of system memory.
A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
And even then I bet you can run it on something slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back