Motherboard beeps 2 times when playing games!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief barker

Hi,

I have an ASUS P5GDC DELUXE motherboard. And sometimes the board makes a beeping sound when i'm playing games (one beep, then a 2 second pause then another beep).

This is not a great concern for me as the games run fine at max detail with no problems.

Also it doesn't do it constantly, just one or twice an hour, or sometimes never. Is this a heat related issue?.

The processor has a stock cooler on it, and the case has an additional 4 cooling fans, not including the graphics card.

Temperatures at idle...
CPU 44c (2556 rmp)
Motherboard 25c
Graphics card 39c

Many thanks in advance.

ASUS P5GDC DELUXE
P4 PRESCOTT 3.2 (800MHZ FSB)
1536MB PC3200 (DDR400) CRUCIAL TECH RAM). DUAL CHANNEL INTERLEAVED.
RADEON X800 XT PCI EXPRESS
140GB MAXTOR HDD

Not post Beeps.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, however the beeps that i am hearing are whilst i'm playing games not at POST. (only one beep at POST which is normal).

It could be a warning that your CPU-temperature is near the maximum that you have set in your temperature program Asus Probe. Could also be that the fan runs slower then a preset minumum in the same program. Maybe you need to up the levels a bit and the beep is harmless.

re beeps

Just a thought, but when I experience these type of beeps, its because im hammering the keyboard. Too many button presses at the same time, fill up the queue. and make the mobo beep thro the pc speaker. esp when playing nfsu2 (i prefer playing on keyboard to joypad)

Only happens on my cordles keyboard though.

i just let go of the keys when it happens, i dont think you can fix it unless u buy a better keyboard.

beeps....

Many thanks for your reply.......

This could well be the problem...

I didn't give this a thought...well done.

I'll keep an eye on this and see if it does it whilst tapping the keys.

Many thanks

Jason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back