Motherboard Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorrow

My A8N-SLI motherboard just came in today, ad i have no idea how to plug in the...cables..I think its called a GAME/MIDI cable...Theres little ones theres big ones they're all confusing oneesss :_; Help please?

Follow the instruction manual that came with the board. Just because a motherboad comes with lots of cables and accessories (depending on the model) doesn't necessarily mean you need to connect them all. Some come with extra pci cards for additional USB connections; some come with firewire ports, etc. Some are also dependent upon your case as well. If the case has a built in firewire port, then instead of connecting a firewire port pci card, connect the cable to the case and ensure it's connected to the correct pins on the motherboard (assuming the board supports it). Did you purchase the Deluxe or Premium version of the board? Personally, I've never connected the game/midi port cable since I use gamepads/joysticks that connect to a 2.0 USB connection.

Umm..I got it off of ebay =] And i though I had to connect through the Game/MiDi ports =O

I'm not sure what your issue is with the midi port but if you have a device like a joystick or gamepad that connects through a midi port and the motherboard doesn't come with one, you might be able to get an adapter. You can also get a PCI controller card that has a midi/game port, that is, if you need it.

You can download a pdf of the manual from their website. Unless someone here has the same board and sees this post you are unlikely to get an exact answer, so if you have your own copy of the manual you can figure it out on your own.

I downloaded the PDF and it doesn't really tell me anything >.> And I found there there are other cables I have to connect. The cables are coming out of my case which i got seperately...This is all so fustraiting lol the PDF saids something about a 5VSB_MB and ...I couldn't find a lable with it :_;

OK a version of the board does have a header on it that will allow you to connect a game pad socket. It looks like this and it's in the lower right hand corner of the board:

GamePad.jpg

If your board doesn't look like this you don't have the header for the game pad socket.

It seems you want us to guide you through the entire install process, but I don't know if we are going to have the patience to do that unless you improve your information exchange skills. Give us more information on what you need to get done! What exactly do you want us to do?

5VSB_MB is for a chassis intrusion switch which is used mainly in the corporate environment to keep people from stealing very expensive computer equipment. You don't have to connect that switch.

The only thing you really need from your case besides a place to put your computer components is the power and reset switches. You can actually do without the reset switch but we'll toss it in there anyways.

There are wires coming from the front of your case they are all labeled. Find the wires with the PWR or Power label and connect it to the System Panel following the illustration. Now find the wires labeled Reset and connect them to the System Panel following the illustration.

SystemPanel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back