TechSpot

Motherboard/cpu

By 3xaldy
Dec 10, 2007
  1. i now have a msi k7t266 pro mb/cpu with a amd athlon a1200ams3c cpu. i want to know if it is the same as my microstar ms-6330 ver:2. mb, amd athlon a1100ams3b cpu.

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

I dont understand what you want to know, please explain better.

3. 3xaldy

3xaldy TS Rookie Topic Starter

sorry. just wanted to know if they were basicley the same board and if i can replace one with the other?

4. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

Are you absolutely sure of the name of the second motherboard? I cant seem to find any info on it via google.

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

No, the K7T266 has it's model number as MS-6380 and the MS-6330 is the K7T Turbo.

6. 3xaldy

ok thanks. i have a computer with the ms-6330 in it and wanted to replace it with the msi-k7t266 but didnt know if i could.

7. 3xaldy

oh the name of both mb is microstar

8. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

IMO, you can replace them with each other just fine, since both will support your CPU and RAM and all your other stuff. They're different motherboards, but have almost the same basic features. The only problem will be that you'll have to re-install Windows again, since after a change in the motherboard it'll mess up the HAL in the OS and you'd get BSODs if you try to run without re-installing Windows.

9. 3xaldy

thank you for your info. have a nice christmas and a great new year

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.