Motherboard.. help me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
New to these boards, hoping someone can help me out.

This morning my friend was yanking on the xbox in my room, and aparently it pulled on my surge protector, and unplugged my computer. So I plugged it back in, and turn it back on.

My computer sounded like it booted up, (fans spinning, etc) but the first thing I noticed, was that no picture was going to my monitor. I checked all cables and everything is plugged in. So this would lead me to believe perhaps my graphics card got fried somehow.. but then when I went to shut off the computer, I pressed and held the power button, and it wont shut off. Even after I hold it for 30+ seconds.

So to recap:

-Computer powers up, fans spin, lights go on, dvd drive opens.
-No picture to monitor
-No lights on my mouse or keyboard when powered on
-When I press and hold the power button, the compter will not shut off

The computer is fairly new (about 6-7 months), all hardward purchased through newegg..

I dont really have other hardware to swap out and test, so I dont know what I should do.... I dont understand how this could happen from my computer getting unplugged.

This is driving me crazy

Please someone help me.

It could be the power supply make sure the switch on the back of the PSU is switched to 110 volts or what ever the input voltage is and try pluging the PC and Monitor in with no surge supressor

DVD Drive could open? fans and light are on? Have you check or reinsert the cables behind? I afraid your harddisk is damaged (this is common) but, if the USB is not working, it doesnt make sense and give u a big *?*... Rebuild all the hardware if you able, and please check whats happening inside the case

Good luck*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back