TechSpot

Motherboard location of Dell Inspiron 6400 eeprom chip

By brainy
Aug 29, 2007
  1. please I need help on locating the eeprom chip on my dell inspiron 6400 laptop motherboard. Anyone have an idea plz. The system bios is locked with a password.

Thanks very much

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Good luck. A very difficult fix unless you are skilled in cold solder.

3. brainy

brainy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hello Raybay, plz i only need help in finding the chip

Plz i only need help on what is written on the chip or where to find it as i've stared so hard at the laptop motherboard my eyes are itching, yet i can't fin andy chip wit the 24c inscription. plz help me locat the chip. thank u

4. lamo

lamo TS Rookie Posts: 570

brainy, there's no eeprom on inspiron 6400 MB.

5. chrisw05

chrisw05 TS Rookie

is this true?

6. lamo

lamo TS Rookie Posts: 570

chrisw05, yes it's true. the password is stored in keyboard controller.

7. jayrod7387

jayrod7387 TS Rookie

well then what options are there to remove the password on this and similar models?
    thanx

Jayrod

8. hk25hk25

hk25hk25 TS Rookie

dell inspiron 6400 password bios
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez help me

9. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 829

guys, stick with the dell / hp password thread and with the forum rules!
    you should also try the search function and read before asking questions that have been answered here alot.
    if you are looking for a free solution - good luck :)

10. scriptedmind

scriptedmind TS Rookie

Just an observation.

The search system on this site is not very useful at all. No matter what i search for, i always seem to get the same threads back. I searched for quite some time and found absolutely nothing even remotely close to my search terms.

11. mscrx

mscrx TS Rookie Posts: 829

thanks for the input but after a while you will see how you can best use the search function for you. and as all search functions do it will only show available results. if there is no 100% result it will show you related stuff which would also explain you getting always the same or almost the same results.
    anyway... hope you'll enjoy your stay :)

12. vladprut

vladprut TS Rookie

heloo my frends

13. Brymore

Brymore TS Rookie

Hello all,

I have a similar problem with my dell inspiron 6400 and have searched everywhere on the mother board without finding the chip.
    I was told that I can get a password generator that will solve the problem for me, but I don't know how or where to find it.
    I have googled and searched this forum and I have come up with nothing.
    Please I need help.
    (I have decided to take mscrx's advice and post on the dell/hp password thread)

Thank you in advance

14. cdog2505

cdog2505 TS Rookie

OK guys. I have a Dell D620 thats was password locked. I got hold of dell with their online chat, was ask for my tag number and that was all it took. Within 5 mins I was up and running. I got this laptop from someone cuz they could not get it going.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.