Motherboard manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reently acquired a motherboard but need to find the manufacturer so I can find out how to connect the front panel connector (so I can power it up)
there ia a logo that is a circle with (sort of) 2 upside down L's.
The numbers on the board are SL-2 94V-0. It has an AMD chip though I don't know if it is a 32 or 64 bit. It uses a VT8237 bridge and a Pheonix bios D686.
I know it is a 1.8Ghz cpu. There is a number on the bottom 18V5720C406210101.

can anyone help?
thanks

zipperman - the poster said 'so I can find out how to connect the front panel connector (so I can power it up)'

Thus, altho your suggestion is nice, it won't work since he hasn't installed it yet.

The benefit of reading the entire post SLOWLY.

:)

Same to you

CCT said:
zipperman - the poster said 'so I can find out how to connect the front panel connector (so I can power it up)'

Thus, altho your suggestion is nice, it won't work since he hasn't installed it yet.

The benefit of reading the entire post SLOWLY.

:)
My post answers how to identify it.Thats the ? asked.
Then get a pdf manual from their website.
He needs the connection diagrams.
It's obvious he didn't get a installation paper manual with the Companys name on it or a cd with important installations for Windows.
Buy a boxed mbd complete with manual and cd disc.
This sounds like a bargain bin version.

:grinthumb

A much easier way is to download and install Lavalys EVEREST Home Edition. It's free and will tell you not only the name of the MoBo manufacturer but also the web site for them!

wenmark said:
I reently acquired a motherboard but need to find the manufacturer so I can find out how to connect the front panel connector (so I can power it up)
As much fun as it would be to yell at Zipperman and almcneil for telling you to use software when you can't power it up, they are actually correct... Because you don't need that front panel hooked up to turn the thing on, look real closely at the pins on the motherboard, almost certainly down in the bottom right of the board there will be several pins in a configuration like this :::::::. 2 of those will be labeled as power switch, maybe PWR SW or something similar. You need to take a screwdriver (or coin or anything metal) to short those 2 pins together, they only need to touch for an instant so you don't have to worry about holding it there. If you can't find the labels anywhere start on the bottom row, probably right side, and short the pins together 2 by 2 until you get it to work, you won't hurt anything by choosing the wrong 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back