TechSpot

MOtherboard/Memory Compatibility

By cyberjo50
May 22, 2007
  1. Im a new builder and this is my first time building my own RIG.

I have a:
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard

and Im planning to get a:
    G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS - Retail
    Model #: F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS

Is it gon be compatible? I have read some of the feddbacks from newegg who bought same motherboard and memory and they said the motherboard is having a problem detecting the memory. Is this something that i have to believe on or its just probobly their mistake.

Anyone know tha fact please help! Thanks in Advance.

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

Why not just go to the Asus site, look up your mobo and download the list of 'APPROVED' memory and then buy the one of those you like the best?

And yes, some memory (almost ALWAYS not approved) won't work right or won't work at all.

:)

3. cyberjo50

cyberjo50 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I went to their site and i cant find the list of suported memory for my motherboard( ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939)

4. luvhuffer

luvhuffer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 638

Click on this and you will be prompted to download the Memory QVL (Quality vendor list) for your board in PDF format. Or you can find it in the download list for manuals for your board, at the very bottom. It's on the Asus global site

5. cyberjo50

cyberjo50 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks a lot guys(CCT & luvhuffer). Appreciate it

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.