TechSpot

Motherboard problem after plug in new power supply

By wtnyan
Oct 4, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yesterday my power supply was blown up (fuse). So i bought the power supply (PS HEC 300W) and plug in my compter which is assembly with Intel Desktop Board D845GEBV2 mounted with Celeron 2.0GHz. If i am not wrong, it is compatible with my mother board right. But there is problem after switch it on the power. First i switch on the main switch in the power supply. And i realised that the CPU fan is running although i didn't switch on the power from the front panel of my system unit. The LED for the harddisk in the front pannel also light up even though i didn't connect power to the hard disk. Is it the Mainboard problem. :mad:

2. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,382

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

I see from pic on intel your board has two power plugs,
    did you plug in the 4 pin plug as well as the 20 pin?

3. wtnyan

wtnyan TS Rookie Topic Starter

Power Supply and mother board problem

Yes SOcRatEs. I did plug in both 4 pin socket and 20 pin socket. in the HEC 300W power supply, there are
    ATX main connector (20 pin)
    ATX power connector (6 pin)
    6 x Peripheral connectors
    2 x FDD connectors (4 pin)
    1 x +12V power connector (4 pin).

I plugged in ATX main connector (20 pin) near to the IDE slot and 1 x +12V power connector (4 pin) near to the CPU. I tested without plug in 1 x +12V power connector (4 pin) but still the same problem happen.

Thanks

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.