Motherboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy,

I have recently removed components from my motherboard to try and fit it into a new case, but it wouldn't fit, thus I put it all back i the original case, but now the computer will not boot. I recieve a blank screen and no beeps. I think it is possible I burnt it out via static electriciy, but i was quite careful while working on it. I tried removing components and placing them in my other computer and each component worked except the motherboard. Is it possible to fix it or is my motherboard dead! Also if it is gone, where would i find a replacement motherboard, just to run an intel celeron 433? Is it difficult to find an old motherboard to run this chip or should i just buy a new motherboard that runs celerons to put it in cause i don't really require a faster speed.

Your board may be shorting out due to some contact with the case. Before removing it all and then remounting it carefully, remove the CMOS battery or find the jumper to clear it. Put the battery back in or remove the jumper for clearing CMOS and try booting again. If still nothing, then I suggest remounting the motherboard in the case checking for any points where it might be making contact. Also reseat all the components.

Originally posted by Arris

Plus this should really be in the chipset forum, but unfortunately with this being a new addition to the forums not many moderators have access to move the thread. :(

SORTED! ;) : ;)

Arris : Thanks :p

You're welcome - P66. ;)

Motherboard trouble, would love help

hi, I bought a new motherboard to replace the old one that was cheap and refurbished, but anywho, the new motherboard was an

Asus A8V-VM Socket 939 MB-A8V-VM
ATX Motherboard, VIA
K8M890 Chipset, Supports
AMD Dual-Core Processors,
Dual DDR 400, SATA
3.0Gbps RAID, PCI-E.

I also changed my power supply to this (in case it matters)
Black Logisys 550W Power PS-PS550A-BK
Supply PS550A-BK, Low
Noise, Support SATA &
20+4 Pin Connectors, w/
Dual Fan

Anyways, all other components to my computer stayed the same: amd athlon 3500, 1gb ram, 7800gtx, 80gb sata hdd, and 2 dvd drives. Now I put it all together as carefully as I could, and I've turned on the power and everything lights up, all the fans turn, but my monitor doesnt show a thing. I really do not know what my problem is, I am really stumped at this point and could use any help. I really hope it isn't that my MB fried, that's what someone has told me could be the problem, but everything is running smoothly, it just isnt turning up on the monitor. Please help, i will remember and love you forever.

-ray
p.s. i did try removing cmos battery and reapplying it, and fixed a slight mounting error with mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back