Motherboard query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson1

I think that there is a chance that my motherboard was fried (static) while i was building my PC. I have wired up everything and my system will not power up. Would a fried motherboard cause this?
ALSO: there are various PC parts that are static sensetive, is ther a way of telling which part is fried IF ANY? because it may not be the motherboard.

wilson1 said:
I think that there is a chance that my motherboard was fried (static) while i was building my PC. I have wired up everything and my system will not power up. Would a fried motherboard cause this?
ALSO: there are various PC parts that are static sensetive, is ther a way of telling which part is fried IF ANY? because it may not be the motherboard.

Try another power supply. It could be one of many problems. Does your motherboard display green lights?

Don't forget to make sure that the switch on the back of the power supply is in the "on" position. Also make sure that the little red voltage switch (again, on the back of the power supply) is set at 115v if you live in the US.

There are no lights, my power supply is BRAND NEW ( i got it with the rest of my self build system) and i dont have the money to buy another. However the motherboard is a diifferent case i can replace that...

wilson1 said:
There are no lights, my power supply is BRAND NEW ( i got it with the rest of my self build system) and i dont have the money to buy another. However the motherboard is a diifferent case i can replace that...

If you have another comptuter lying around, try it's power supply.

Can power supplies go that quick? my power supply came brand new with the rest of my system. Its a SilverPower 350watt. and the lifespan is meant to be 50000 hours not 3 seconds.

It's certainly possible for a PSU to blow the first time it's used. Do any of the fans come on? Does the motherboard have any lights that come on? Check and recheck all of your connections. Try to power up with just the CPU and memory installed and see if that works.

when it booted for a few seconds (which i cant get it to do even that now) the fans did turn on and the lights on the case also turned on but shut down along with everything else.. (there werent any beeps either time)

Hi Everybody!!
I am a new member to this website.I am interested in this website after reading a problem that resembles a problem i encounterd recently.
I have upgraded three computers' motherboard , processor and memory.The new mobo are asus.Two of them are working well.The third one at the biggining was ok but the next day when the power cable was plugged ,it starts by itself.The power switch doesn't work at all.And there is no display on the screen.The fan the hdd and all otherparts are working well.I have tried them in another pc.
Please help me in solving this problem
elias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back