Motherboard review

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really go wrong with the 865 chipset. It is very stable and robust. It doesn't offer quite the level of performance as the 875 chipsets or say the 875PERL boards, but it is a great chipset.

ABIT is a reputable brand as well. I've never personally used that board, but it seems to have quite a good combination of peripherals, and onboard sound/nic is a plus (though today it is almost standard).

The price is great too. Cheaper than an Intel D865GBFL motherboard, which would be the equivalent.

Before I buy a new motherboard, I like to check the manufactorer's forums for problems with the board. You can also look at what the bios updates that have been released for the motherboard fix. (To gauge the quality)

yeah, i own an intel d865 perll and it's the best performance for an mpga478 socket. thg actually really liked this board, as it beat out competitors by a significant margin under it's factory settings. worthy to note is that a little of fine tuning makes this thing significantly faster. also nice is the bios controlled overclocking options, if you want to push your pc faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back