TechSpot

Motherboard ?'s DDR & XP

By Walker
Apr 8, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherboard

OK im looking to get a new motherboard. Right now with my current one im getting the infinity loop error alot and im hopeing getting a new motherboard will help ( I was planning this upgrade anyways. ) anyways from what i have read the infinity loop happens with via chipsets so id like to avoid those and i have a Tbird 1.1 so I need something that will hold that, but it needs to be upgradable to an XP processor. Also im ready to do to DDR ram so that the ram format i would like. So people here is the question what board should i go for?

Tbird 1.1
    A7V
    256 megs of pc133
    Geforce2 ultra
    Win XP
    Live value
  2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

Hi Walker, I just wanted to let you know that I moved your thread to the mobos forum.

As far as your question goes, this thread is quite extensive: http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=826

I know in the thread I showed my distaste towards MSI but I have never experienced the infinite loop error with my MSI motherboard. I guess I was just a bit angry that they stopped supporting my mobo as soon as it got released.
  3. ToRN

ToRN TS Rookie Posts: 189

Your question can be answered with a simple search and the thread svtcobra gave you. ;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.