TechSpot

Motherboard shopping advice needed!

By jermaine2000
Nov 18, 2005
  1. I currently running a Asrock K7VT2 motherboard works fine but its pretty old now and have compatability issues regardng Memory. I want to get a nother motherboard thats works well with everything what model/make do you think is the best fo running a Athalon Processor and have minimal problems?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

3. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

This is a pretty open ended question. We need more info about your video card, AGPX4, X8?, Are you willing to upgrade to PCI-E? What processor socket do you have? How much money can you spend?

4. jermaine2000

jermaine2000 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have a AGPX4 , GE Force 5700 128MB Graphics card and im happy with the graphics so far. I have Athlon 1800 XP Chip would prob get that up graded too. So you can give me advice on the most reliable motherboard and i would proberly want the best affordable Athalon processor for what i can pay roughly £180 Max for both!

5. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

6. gary_hendricks

gary_hendricks TS Rookie Posts: 138

Yup, we need to know what are your computer needs?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.