Motherboard swap problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just baught a new motherboard for my computer and here is the motherboard for anyone who has questions on the specs on it: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=240800. Now i also check that my processor is compatible with it and it is and so is everything i have in the computer. Now here comes the problem, i swaped everything and came to turn on the computer. everything worked fine until it attemped to go into windows, right before going into windows it would restart over and over again, i then turned it off to then restart it later on. When i came to restart it, it would turn on but nothing would hapen the power goes to the motherboard but no sound, no video, no beep codes, one out of two cd drive turns on the hard drive turns on but nothing hapens. The reset button does not respond neither does holding the power button, the only way to turn it off is to pull the plug. The funny thing is that i have an other old cmputer at home that does the exact same thing. I am freaking out, i dont know what do do anymore. help

Aurelien Guth

Well there are a lot of 'no boot' threads in 'CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos' to read and get ideas from, so start with that. Then try resetting BIOS and see if it can post. It sounds like you are using an existing windows installation. Well your motherboard drivers and hardware may not be compatible with your old hardware and you may need to do a clean Windows install or you can try the 'second repair option' off the install CD and have a chance to repair that installation to get your new MB drivers on it. (Don't count on that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back